Yummy poached eggs are easier to make than you think. The most important think is that the eggs are of good quality and that they are fresh.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Avocado
- 5 kale leaves
- 1 handful green beans
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Put the green beans and kale on to simmer with a pinch of salt
- Meanwhile yourself a wide, deep pan and fill it with boiling water from the kettle. Bring it to a light simmer over a medium heat add a pich of salt.
- Crack one of your eggs into a cup and gently pour it into the water in one fluid movement. Repeat with the rest of the eggs. Depending on your pan, a really soft poached egg should take around 2 minutes and a soft to firm one will need 4 minutes (it depends on the size of the eggs). To check whether they’re done, remove one carefully from the pan with a slotted spoon and give it a gentle push with a teaspoon. If it feels too soft, put it back and give the eggs a minute or two more in the water to firm up.
- When they’re ready, remove them to some kitchen paper to dry off and a sprinkle of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove veggies and strain to serve slice avocado and sprinkle pumpkin seeds over the top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!