Happy Face Breakfast
Now this is a super special breakfast and its great with or without rye bread. I recommend eating carbs after a workout when your body is burning like a furnace.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 slices Nitrate free organic Bacon
- 5 stems Asparagus
- 2 slices Rye bread
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Put your grill on to a med to high heat.
- Meanwhile yourself a wide, deep pan and fill it with boiling water from the kettle. Bring it to a light simmer over a medium heat, add a pinch of sea salt.
- Place bacon and asparagus under grill turning the asparagus at regular intervals and the bacon once until cooked to your liking.
- Crack one of your eggs into a cup and gently pour it into the water in one fluid movement. Repeat with the rest of the eggs. Depending on your pan, a really soft poached egg should take around 2 minutes and a soft to firm one will need 4 minutes (it depends on the size of the eggs). To check whether they’re done, remove one carefully from the pan with a slotted spoon and give it a gentle push with a teaspoon. If it feels too soft, put it back and give the eggs a minute or two more in the water to firm up.
- When they’re ready, remove them to some kitchen paper to dry off and a sprinkle of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the rye bread in the toaster.
- Remove skin off avocado, slice and place on plate with rye bread and place the eggs on top.
- Serve with the bacon and sprinkle seeds over the avocado.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!