Fayesfitbox Quinoa & Peppers
Quinoa with Caramelized Red Onion, Bell Peppers, pineapple and Garlic. The Quinoa can be served hot or cold I personally I like it best cold it's full of protien and flavour, an excellent meat replacement for vegetarians and vegans.
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 large red onion diced
- 3 peppers diced
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 3 cups of boling water
- 2 slices pineapple chopped
- 1 vegtable stock cube
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and peppers, cook for 10 minutes.
- Once the peppers and onions are tender add the quinoa and about 3 cups of boiling water mixed with the stock cube.
- Once simmering leave to reduce and soften it takes 15 to minutes.
- Once reduced add pineapple to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!