Cauliflower pizza magic
Another great use of cauliflower and it was actually quite easy to make. If you haven’t tried a cauliflower pizza crust recipe yet, you must, it doesn't taste like cauliflower at all.
- 1 cup riced then cooked cauliflower
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese Choose vegan cheese substitute
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese choose vegan cheese subsitute
- pizza sauce & additional toppings of your choice
- Cut florets into chunks and pulse in a food processor until it looks like rice. Do not over process, you don’t want mush.
- Microwave the riced cauliflower in a bowl for 5-8 minutes depending on your microwave. . After microwaving, transfer riced cauliflower to a clean tea towel and remove excess water needs to be cooled before you do this. This drying process is important!
- One large head of cauliflower will make 3 cups of riced cauliflower.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cooking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup riced, cooked cauliflower, 1 egg and your parmesan cheese. Next, add Italian seasonings, crushed garlic and salt. Place your “dough” on the cooking sheet and pat into a round pizza base. Be sure not to press it too thin as it’s easy to create holes.
- Bake your dough at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Add sauce, mozzarella cheese, and your favorite pre-cooked toppings to your pizza. Place pizza under grill until cheese is melted, be sure to keep an eye on it!
- For the tomato sauce please see tomato base for italian dishes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!