Butternut Squash Noodles with a Mushrooms and Garlic Sauce
Tasty butternut squash noodles with a garlic mushroom and caramelised sauce oinion thats totally gluten free. This dish can be made with butter intead of coconut oil if you are not folowing a vegan diet. Enjoy!
- 1 Butternut Squash Medium size
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 8 ounces Mushrooms sliced
- 2 teaspoons Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper To taste
- 3 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 red oinion diced
- Chop off the top of the the butternut squash, as well as the bulb with seeds and reserve for another use.
- Peel the rest of the squash until you no longer see green. You should be left with bright orange flesh. Cut in half and being to spiralize until you're left with all noodles.
- Heat the coconut oil and add the garlic powder and red onion cooking until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until water released and the mushrooms start to brown, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in a separate pan over medium low heat. When it begins to bubble, add the squash noodles to the pan, tossing with tongs so the noodles get coated. Season with salt and pepper and cook noodles until they are al dente.
- Combine mushroom and oinion mixture and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!